The 100 Days Gong

Update April 17th 2018.

So, I've been wondering about something....
As I understand it, a gong takes 100 days. It is a challenge you set for yourself and if it is not consistant for those 100 days, you have to start over.
So the idea of doing one gong each day is already starting to seem quite overwhelming and chaotic to me.
A change needs time to be implemented before it becomes a new norm. So if you lead a busy life, even one change in your everyday life will need som time to be incorporated. 
What we are doing right now is adressing one new subject/issue each day and that is a lot of changes, no matter how small.

I asked this in the work-group and one of the suggestion was, just to read one chapter from the book each day. If the subject resonates with you then take notes for a future gong! Exellent! That makes so much more sense....lol




Pedram Shojais book "The Urban Munk" was one of the first books that I was able to read after I "came out of the fog" after 10 years. So many things resonated with me reading that book and now he has written another one. This is a challenging book, it makes you work more deeply with yourself and really focus, be mindful with what you do, think, say etc.

"The Art of Stopping Time" is a tool for people to get more out of their time by decluttering and focusing the energy on people/things that are truly important to you. But since I don't work and already have done a whole lot of "decluttering" within family and friends I choose to do this challenge with the focus on myself and what will give ME energy. Since I've always put everyone else first, hence why I got sick in the first place, this will be a challenge in it self.

It is a 100 day gong (gong = work) where one will focus on a different topic/issue each day. You do one task each day and when the 100 days are over you start over, but this time you pick the tasks randomly. My biggest challenge will be to not get stressed if I don't get it done each day AND journaling my thoughts for each gong. I decided to start my blog again and posting my thoughts on here and then take it from there :)

I will be doing this gongs together with several other people and one of them has this blog where you can read more about this book and the work.
https://healthcoachnw.com/category/art-of-stopping-time/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 – Framework before work

Day 23 – Podcast and audiobooks

Day 30 – Gardening