Day 7 - Making time in your schedule for you




We want it all just because....... but remember to stop and B R E A T H !!!!
I wrote about the importance of having me-time in Day 5, so I wont say much about it again today. But take it from someone who never took time for myself until that day, when my body and mind closed down...enough was enough. 10 years … it took 10 years of my life before I could have a normal day again. I thought about writing down all the downside that came after that, but I wont. Just because my body reacted that way, doesn't mean others will. It's more to stress out HOW important it is that you find that me-time. It can make all the difference for you and yours. And there is no right or wrong. Find what will work for you.

My days always starts with a cup of coffee and reading. Apart from saying goodmorning to my husband if he's not away at work, I wont talk to anyone for the first hour or so. I must say that would be my main me-time right now.

A woman I knew took 1 hour each day when she came home from work where would sit down and close her eyes or read or what ever she felt like, and no one would disturb her unless it was almost a matter of life and death. Okay, so that will maybe be a bit difficult if you have small kids and a whole hour might seem a bit too much too. It's only an example. Take 5 minutes in the morning when the house is quiet and continue over the day like little powernaps. The main thing is to get you to slow down and there it is again, the chance to go over the things that sucks your energy. ;-)

As Pedram writes: ”This is a process for you to practice and eventually master. Honor your appointments with yourself and you'll reap the rewards. Hold the line and you'll start to feel full again.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 – Framework before work

Day 30 – Gardening

Day 23 – Podcast and audiobooks