Day 10 - Time at your desk




If we try to track our every movement thrue the day in regarding of how much we sit and how much we move around, most of us will probably be surprised about the result. Because we sit when we drive, we sit when we eat etc. So add it all up and it will most likely be more than you actually thought.

Energywork interests me, but todays gong is rubbing me a bit the wrong way or I just read something into it that is triggering something in me.

”Sitting is considered the new smoking, and there are multiple studies that show how terrible it is for our health. In fact, a study in the American Journal of Epidemiology ties stagnent lifestyle with a greater risk of mortality in both men and women.”!!!

I don't like fearmongering statements like these, were studies has shown that this and that is bad for you etc. Studies and statistics are more and more beeing adjusted to serve a specific purpose, so I don't listen to much of that anymore. Use some common sense instead and start listening to what your body is telling you!

And that the energy is stagnant if you don't get up and move about. I can agree to some extend. But my first thought was on people who sits in a wheelchair or those who are stuck in a bed. I also come to think about the type of monks who live a slow paced life without martial arts exercises etc. They sit still and meditate for hours. Are their lives stagnant too? They sit still and meditate for hours.

It's not that I wont admit that I myself sit too much at a time, because I do, and I don't need to write down the minutes during a day to show me that that is the case.

I love to read but I'm not going to set an alarm clock every 30 minutes to remind me of getting up and move around. To me that would be so stressfull. I actually do a lot of small movements / stretches for my neck and shoulders and legs while I sit. And I get up and move around when I feel like I've sat a bit too long. I also go for long walks 1-2 times a day, depending on the weather. And all my time spent here at my computer is in standing position (doing some small squats now and then on the spot etc.).

I don't know, it just didn't feel right today, so I'm giving this one a rest for now because I feel that I come out very negative about this. That is not my intention, just feel a bit generalized around this, like it's bad for you to relax....lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 – Framework before work

Day 30 – Gardening

Day 23 – Podcast and audiobooks