Day 2 - Time for gratitude

When was the last time I actually thought about or wrote down what I am grateful of? Well, it's been a while. I can't remember what book I was reading that suggested to make a gratitude-book where you write 3 things your grateful of every day. And it had to be different things every day. I didn't last long doing that. When ones life is filled with stuff that drains you it is not easy to find things to be grateful of.

But the way Pedram suggest is to take 10 minutes and just write every thing down, no matter if it sounds silly. Also pay attention to how you are feeling before you start and after.

The list can be added to whenever needed, so hanging it somewhere where it can be easily accessed would be good. I think doing it like this will be more me as I like to read and remember good things instead of trying to come up with something just to be able to write it down. Feels more natural, for me anyway.

The last 18 months have been hard and negative feelings have become more and more the norm. Writing down what I am grateful of will be a good thing to focus on right now. I will keep the list to myself though ;-)

Feelings before writing the list:
Being in a negative state for a long time, it felt a bit overwhelming, but slowly I started writing down. In 10 minutes I wrote 13 sentences, so plenty of room for more to come....lol

Feelings after writing the list:
As I expected, it was difficult to put it into words, but a quiet satisfaction that I actually did it and I think I made a good start :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 – Framework before work

Day 30 – Gardening

Day 23 – Podcast and audiobooks