Day 4 - Email




Pedram suggest to set up som time for dealing with all those emails. Depending on the amount one get/send, he then says to set 30-60 minutes twice a day. And no checking on it in between.
Sounds like a good plan :-) And while you are making the changes, remove the email from your phone too

Even when I was working I never had that many. Oh wait, that's not true. My personal email was a problem, because my internetprovider didn't have a proper spamfilter, so I got around 100 spam mails every day.....sigh. I went online and checked what spamfilters were good at the time and found Spam Fighter. I think it costed 10-15$ a year, but it was well spent.

But these days, I have only a handful that I email with maybe once a month. I get a few newsletters that I signed up for. But I also unsubscribe again if I don't find it interesting anymore.
So for me, this is not a time consumer at all. And my phone is only for calling, texting and photos.

Oh and by the way, it is still pretty rude to check your email on your phone while you are in the company of someone. You are actually saying that the email is more important than the person you are with. Just a little friendly nudge there ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 – Framework before work

Food

Been a bit moody day