Day 17 – Doing nothing



Sitting down for 10 minutes or more and do just nothing, that is no easy task. And as Pedram says, it takes Zen monks years to master it.

We live in a world where we are on from the moment we open our eyes and until we go to bed.....for some, even in their sleep :/

So how do we bring balance to this full speed way of living? People do different things to relax, but the thing is, they are still doing something. See, we may be different in what we feel is the right thing to do to reach that state of stillness, that deeper sense of calm or whatever you want to call it. This is actually a question that I have asked several people over the last couple of years. For someone who knows first hand what damage stress can cause and how hard it is to find something that calms the body AND mind, without medication, searching for an answer to this has been one of the things I've focused on. The closest I've come to an answer is meditation and focusing on my breathing. But again, I'm still doing something …. I'm breathing ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 – Framework before work

Day 30 – Gardening

Food