Getting back on track again

Going on a trip in to town is a total drainer for the little energy I have. It's a 30-40 minutes drive by car, where I have to be alert of the trafic etc., then it's all those people suddenly surrounding me and the massive noise.
On Wednesday I had promised my daughter to support her, while she attended a meeting, and I had a pretty good morning and was constantly thinking positive thoughts for her. The meeting went well, so she asked me how I was feeling and if I thought I could manage to go with her to get a Christmas gift. I was still doing good, so I said yes, and got to buy some gifts myself ;-)
We got back home around 3.30pm, and actually had a nice day. 6 hours from I left home until I got back again. My head was so tired, but I didn't want to take a nap and ruin my new sleeping pattern. Went to bed early though but couldn't fall asleep :(
See, that's one of the major things about having both stress and CFS. The body is in constant alert fase but at the same time the head just wants to sleep. Not a good combination. Sleeping pills is not for me. My blodpressure get so low when I get in the deep sleep, so I often have this sudden awaking where I should remember to breath. Nothing serious and I don't have to where a mask at night. So just have to try and get in a routine instead.
But this day trip just ruined that and I have had a hard time trying to get to sleep before midnight again. I don't get out of the house and don't have the energy to do anything. I get so mad every time, cause I need the control and I'm really having a hard time accepting that the mind, for now, has taken over.
Today has been okay though, I even managed to go for a little walk with my daughter and grandkids and have dinner with them afterwords :)

So I'm back on track again....until next time....lol
I expect this to happend, just hope it wont take days every time, to get on top again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 – Framework before work

Evaluation time 30/100

Day 27 – Eternal time