Last month of the year.....



Haven't really had the head to make a lot of posts, but hopefully in the new year. Let's get this month over and done with!

That's right, no Christmas spirit at all :/ This month used to be filled with traditions, but that has ended, I can't do that any more.

My 2 daughters are all grown up, but I have 2 grandchildren now instead. For their sake we try and do a little bit Christmas stuff. But my girls have taken on the traditions them selves, so it's really up to them now, I think ;-)

The picture above is from last year, no tree this year. Sadly I found out that it was a bit difficult to breath last year, after the tree got in the house. They are sprayed with something while they are small trees, mainly to avoid deers to nibble at them and ruin them before they are big enough to sell. My mother in law have the same problem and have bought a plastic tree. Looks like we have to do so too :( I don't like plastic trees, they look like those you see in the stores, nothing natural about them. So I got an idea that I told my husband the last time he was home. How about a tree with only angel ornaments on AND a beautiful angel at the top!! (We use a star normally) AND to make it a bit wild, I said a white tree....lol He sure surprised me when he said that he had seen a white tree somewhere and it looked good....lol
Not sure it will be a white one though. I've found a page where they have so many different plastic trees and some are looking a bit more natural (and cost more of course). There's plnty of time to figure out what kind we want, since it wont be for this Christmas after all.

It's going to be a bit weird this year. Normally we celebrate on the 24th, but since my grandkids are spending that day with their father, we are celebrating on the 23rd this year. And so will it be every second year from now. It's a tradition and nothing religious about Christmas for us, but it will be a bit strange to sit here on the 24th eating left overs....lol The important thing is that we can spend it together, so never mind about the date, I'm sure it will be a nice day.

Hope everyone will have a very nice Christmas out there in the world, however you celebrate :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 – Framework before work

Day 30 – Gardening

Day 23 – Podcast and audiobooks